As a woman working in games, there have been so many times when I’ve been sad and angry and frustrated at work. I don’t like to show “negative” emotions in front of my teams or reports (so I’m not seen as “too emotional”), so I’ve found the best places to cry at work where I can let it out without being disturbed.
Some of those places are:
- The women’s bathroom (since there are so few people to use it)
- The office supplies cabinet
- The server room (plus it’s warm in there)
- The windowless meeting room that is the least likely to be used
- My car in the parking lot